Category Demand Planner - Ref: 19130
- Location: NE England - Leeds
- Salary: up to £40k dependant on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: No categories
Job Title: Category Demand Planner
Salary: up to £40k dependant on experience (plus excellent benefits)
Our client is looking for a demand planner with experience within the FMCG industry to deliver against agreed objectives, in delivering a robust demand plan for the category / product portfolio with key inputs from Sales, Marketing and Category teams. Ensuring that key timelines, outputs and KPIs are delivered within the monthly S&OP process.
- Overall accountability for volume forecast on designated category / portfolio.
- Manage the demand, supply and stock for a rolling 15 month horizon
- Accountable for all stock cover levels/parameters under their category remit
- Reduction in residual stock/packaging write offs
- To ensure high levels of planning accuracy and customer service by engaging with cross functional teams
- To constructively challenge others by proactively identifying and managing bias risk in the aggregated plan
- Working collaboratively and cross functionally to deliver strong service to the customer
- Lead the SC inputs to the key monthly S&OP meetings on the category/portfolio e.g. with Factories, Marketing, Sales, and Finance.
- Actively seeking to understand the wider picture to bring a collaborative solution to the process, using data gathered from across the business
- In conjunction with Marketing, Sales and Customer Planners, ensure all new products are developed and forecasted to satisfy customer requirements/conformance and successfully integrated into the supply chain.
- Creating a monthly cycle checklist to ensure focus areas are covered, and documenting all key forecasting assumptions
- Management of volume phasing
- Management of R&Os – clear visibility of what’s in/out of the plan
- Take ultimate responsibility for the monthly update of the category forecast submitted to the factory and to finance, including explanation of variances and risks and opportunities.
- Act boldly and decisively on delivering KPIs and continually look to improve processes
- Manage the supply in from factories on a timely and cost effective basis negotiating the best supply plan solutions to meet demand, stock and working capital targets, while minimising obsolescence.
The Skills you require in order to be successful:
- Degree preferred
- FMCG experience
- Demand Planning experience
- SAP; SAP APO experience
- Experience working with factories
- Occasional travel to factories
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.