1st Line/ IT Service Desk Technician - Ref: 18798
- Location: London
- Salary: £25,000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: English
- Categories: IT/Telecoms
Your New Job Title: 1st Line/ IT Service Desk Technician
Your New Salary: £25,000
Status: Permanent/ Full-time
Location: The City, London zone 1
The Skills you'll need each day:
1st Line, Helpdesk, onsite service desk, IT support, desktop support
Who you'll be working for:
Multicultural organisation is looking for a Service Desk Technician to provide 1st line and desktop support as part of Global support team, focusing on the needs of our London based office with approximately 450 people on-site.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the business with internal technical queries.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Provide 1st line and desktop support, focusing on the needs of our London based office.
- Following processes and procedures within our established ticketing system, including prioritisation, categorisation, and escalation of tickets as necessary
- Maintaining computer assets using automated tools and providing reports to Local IT Manager on devices and software status.
- Documenting workarounds and supporting the maintenance of our shared Knowledge-based systems
- Working closely with our Global Service desk team and Infra team to meet and achieve defined SLA and KPIs
- Installing new computer equipment, and rebuilding stock items
- Coordinate hardware and software issues with 3rd party vendors
The skills you need to succeed:
- Previous experience working as On-site Service desk engineer for maintaining hardware (PC. Laptop, printer) and incident management (Windows, MS-Office, Web Browser,etc…)
- Working in multinational environment
- Very customer focused with good verbal and written communication skills
- Windows Server account administration
- Strong ticket management skills and understanding of ITIL processes
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload efficiently
- MCP Windows, or similar operating system certification
- ITIL foundation certification
- Experience of Manage Engine Service Desk Plus - icket and asset management
- Experience of QDP - Software deployment tool.
- Experience of SmartDeploy – Image deployment tool.