Mandarin or Cantonese speaking KYC Officer / Associate (job title depending on experience) - Ref: 18755
- Location: London
- Salary: £22-40k ++ banking benefits
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Chinese Cantonese - Chinese Mandarin
- Categories: Banking
Your New Job Title: Mandarin or Cantonese speaking KYC Officer / Associate (job title depending on experience)
Your New Salary:
KYC Officer: £28-40k + banking benefits
KYC Associate: £22-25k + banking benefits
Location: Central London
What you'll be doing each day:
- To assist Business Development Department to perform customer due diligence for new onboarding clients.
- To conduct know-your-customer (“KYC”) /Anti-Money Laundering (AML) review for new and existing clients and prepare related reports covering customer profiles and risk assessment in a timely manner.
- To evaluate screening results, client profiles and sustainability assessment results to identify adverse news hits and increased risk factors.
- To collect, analyse and verify KYC / account opening information and documents in compliance with the internal/regulatory procedure/guidelines.
- To identify financial crime risk triggers and carry out investigations via publicly available sources.
- To monitor financial transactions for existing clients to identify suspicious activities and summarise relevant details.
- To identify Ultimate Beneficial Owners (“UBO”), detect Politically Exposed Person (“PEPs”) and utilize other screening databases in the KYC process.
- To maintain a database and prepare control report for tracking of KYC review case completions.
- To follow up on any irregularities/exceptions found in the process of KYC/account opening and escalate to supervisor on a timely basis.
- To follow up on implementation of account activities control / closure.
- Ad-hoc project as assigned.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese).
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience in banking and financial services.
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, independent, diligent and ability to liaise with internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, investigative mind-set and presentation skills in the customer due diligence process.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.