Your New Job Title: Cost Control- Buyer (Supervisor)
Your New Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
The Skills you'll need each day: Automotive, purchase, Buyer
Who you'll be working for: Automotive company is looking for Cost Control- Buyer (Supervisor)
What you'll be doing each day:
- Liaising with buyers to integrate cost submitted.
- VAVE interrogation submitted by suppliers.
- Updating the MRP system (OAD) and generate and issuing purchase orders.
- Provide relevant cost data on price movements. ,
- Supplier liaison / management. (lncludes, update annual supplier financial status report)
- Detailed analysis of quotation cost breakdown and knowledge of categories in piece cost.
- Create and report Monthly cost Movement to Manager
- Create New Model Evaluation Presentation along with cost data matrix
- Lead and summarise CR activity within team
- Manage V-Sys (Global purchase system) status and report to HQ
- Lead localisation activities
- ldentify and investigate potential alternative suppliers where appropriate to reduce business risk
The skills you need to succeed:
- Proven procurement capabilities & skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skill
- Ability to provide clear and regular cost reporting to management (Be able to analyse cost data and
breakdown at detailed level)
- Ability to work on own initiative, flexible, dynamic and self-motivated.
- Previous purchasing experience is must
- Ability to work in a high pressurized environment.
- Experience in meeting deadlines.
- Good sound lT skills including word excel and power point.
- Full driving licence is must
High level of Numeracy, Accurate, Metrculous and methodical in preparation of numericat data. Can
gather source data, verify and validate before use in a structured approach to achieve the desired objective
Able to sense check resuþ give rationale for outcome. Understanding of exchange mechanism and
ldeal but not essential
- CIPS qualification or working towards
- Good knowledge of strategic resourcing.
- Experience of new model calculations and costs.
- Understanding of timing plan generation.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.