Position - Export Administrator
Duration - Two months - may go longer.
Salary - £10p/h
Skills - Administration and Exports would be ideal
Location - Central London
- Producing Commercial Export Documentation using the computerised system
- Handling imports
- Completion of a tariff code report for customs detailing merchandise leaving the UK.
- Production of Certificates of Origin as required.
- Checking the accuracy of information received from the Distribution Centres and Freight Forwarders ensuring any discrepancies are resolved prior to despatch from the UK.
- Dealing with queries from Freight Forwarders both internationally and in the UK regarding shipment of goods.
- Communicating shipment information and flight details to relevant parties.
- Working as part of team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Involvement with ad hoc projects as required.
- Experience in exporting from the UK to Non-European Markets
- Knowledge of import/export shipping documentation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Keyboard skills, knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Lotus Notes packages, familiarity with AS/400 systems
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.