Social Media Manager (Hindi/Urdu speaking) - Ref: 1709-37
- Location: London
- Salary: £30k
- Job Type: Contract
- Languages: Hindi - Urdu
- Categories: Media/Digital
Your New Job Title: Social Media Manager (Hindi/Urdu speaking)
Status: One year contract
Your New Salary: £30k
Location: Central London
The Skills you'll use each day: Digital Media, Social Media, Analytics, Advertising, IT literate
A full-service communications agency that works with governments, communities, businesses, and NGOs to address some of the most complex issues facing the world today and to deliver positive social change
What you'll be doing each day:
- Delivering social media activity in support of wider communications campaign activity
- Developing, maintaining and growing social media channels aimed at Urdu/Hindi speaking markets
- Feeding back insights internally to ensure paid media is allocated in the most effective and strategically sound way.
- Assisting the team on day-to-day tasks by utilizing audience insights and trends
- Producing engaging copy for social media
- Managing and updating social media channels
- Developing content partnerships and liaising with contributors
- Helping to generate creative ideas during brainstorms.
- Analyzing data from relevant sources: online platforms, social media, research projects, focus groups.
- Running paid social campaigns
- Supporting initiatives on the ground.
- Providing insights for materials for strategic development, including audience segmentations, market insights and category analysis.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Proven track record of running digital projects in a media or communication agency
- Experience in running successful social media campaigns for local, regional, or national governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or multinational companies.
- In-depth knowledge of social media analytics and advertising
- Native or fully fluent speaker of either Urdu, Hindi or both and a good working proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Passionate about social media, cultural events and current affairs across the South Asian region
- Strong understanding of the media and cultural landscape in South Asia
- A wide knowledge of the Hindi and Urdu language Diaspora across the world, including the various challenges and opportunities they face.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.