Job Title: Raw Materials Coordinator (Luxury Accessories)
The CompanyIconic and market leading luxury goods company.
Coordinate the effective & efficient management of Textile, Leather and Composite materials used across the Hard Accessory Supply Chain achieving and exceeding functional quality standards, through a strong and competent supplier base, strategically sound relationships and sound technical knowledge.
Contribute in driving strategic thinking through a matrix approach, optimising efficiencies in ordering, cost negotiation, raw material stock management and on time delivery.
• Ensure a robust procurement strategy & approach with the commitment of all relevant internal stakeholders is developed in partnership with Senior Management
• Partner with the business and maintain continuous dialogue to understand on-going business needs & future aspirations
• Develop, maintain and evolve a robust supplier matrix
• Build & establish collaborative partnerships with key suppliers, including timely two way communications, feedback on performance and risk mitigation
• Assist in the end to end management activities of the supplier base including but not limited to selecting & on boarding, negotiation, matrix & risk management, production & lead-time, minimum order quantity, capacity management, performance & exit
• Participate actively in the negotiation of raw material costs to ensure fair market value
• Partner with the business on long term forecasting and planning of core raw materials
• Build cost sheet break down for RMs focusing particularly on core or strategic raw materials
• Map supply chain for core or strategic RMs/Suppliers
• Contribute and support sustainable materials and manufacturing in line with ethical requirements.
• Build and maintain strategic industry links
• Follow commodity markets and anticipate business impact
• Track supplier performance in line with KPIs set
• Contribute to elevate technical knowledge and competency
• Review supplier performance management feedback & agree appropriate response mechanism • Report on KPIs • Ensure effective use of systems and maintenance & accuracy of data The Person•Extensive experience in Leather and Textiles industry •Extensive experience in Raw Materials Procurement or Buying
•Technical degree in Leather or textile related studies
•Great knowledge of luxury industry
•Strong negotiating skills
•Excellent communication and presentation skills
•Italian fluency would be a big plus
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.