Shipping Coordinator - Ref: JO18381
- Location: London - North London
- Salary: £25-28K
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Logistics/Transport
Your New Job Title: Shipping Coordinator
Your New Salary: £25-28K
Location: North London
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a long-established global furniture distributor and upholstery company enjoying unprecedented growth. With a head office in North London and sales offices in Atlanta, USA and Singapore, our client is looking to fill a key position in its Shipping Department.
What you'll be doing each day:
You will be working with off-shore manufacturing facilities, especially in European and Far East locations so you will need to have a good understanding of international trade and shipping generally.
· Extensive order processing experience using MRP systems;
· Organising global multi-modal shipments;
· Manage a heavy workload under pressure and prioritise conflicting requirements;
· Handle a large volume of e-mails on a daily basis;
· Proactive approach to problem-solving with high attention to detail;
· Manipulate large amounts of data and generate reports in EXCEL;
· Critical Path management skills.
The skills you need to succeed:
· Experience in generating export documentation by sea, air, road and courier, as well as customs clearance knowledge;
· Strong numeracy and analytical skills;
· Strong interpersonal in diverse business cultures;
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Good team player but able to work unsupervised as well;
· Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office products;
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.