Demand Planning Manager - Ref: 19029
- Location: London - Surrey
- Salary: £200-280 per day
- Job Type: Contract
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Supply Chain
Your New Job Title: Demand Planning Manager
Your new daily rate: £200-280 per day
Job status: Long term temporary assignment for 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Main Purpose of your new role:
Is to manage the Demand Planning Team; Demand Planning and Supply Planning. You will manage and analyse the demand forecast for the UK and Ireland. Working in collaboration with relevant stakeholders (Sales team, Product Marketing team, Operations team, Finance function and Global Supply Chain team at HQ, and Factories) and high profile external customers. You will build robust forecasts, planning and execute plan and ensure that supply plans adequately support this. This role has two direct reports.
Your main responsibilities:
Short/Medium term Demand Forecasting & Planning for the UK and Ireland:
- Leading the development of the unconstrained demand process.
- Leading and where necessary, challenging the consensus demand forecast with sales teams, Product Marketing team and our external customers.
Responsible for Supply Plans i.e. stock purchasing to support demand plan:
- Managing and controlling levels of finished goods stock at own warehouses and with distributors to ensure optimal product availability and supply chain planning plus best in class inventory management.
- Take accountability for monitoring and analysing actual performance versus forecast and provide financial analysis, including KPIs, for management decision making.
Execution and Performance Management:
- Monitoring and analysing weekly/monthly/quarterly performance against Demand/Supply plans.
- Setting up monthly Sales Targets for the business and managing the execution of short/medium term demand plans, sales plan and supply plan.
- Taking corrective action, by allocating supply in periods of shortage according to channel stocks and other market factors whilst keeping stakeholders fully informed in good time.
Building a great level of customer collaboration in terms of demand planning:
- Leading and/or initiating in Supply Chain and cross functional projects and undertake ad-hoc work as required to support the business from a Supply Chain perspective.
- This role provides leadership of Demand & Supply Forecasting and planning function across multiple business areas. The role has two direct reports: the Demand Planning Manager who manages the execution of short/medium term demand plans and the Supply planning manager who is responsible of all stock purchasing.
What do we need for this role?
- Consumer Electronics/FMCG experience highly desired
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of demand planning strategy, S&OP development and leadership and/or customer collaboration strategies such as CPFR/VMI essential.
- Excellent education and strong career progression to date; Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Supply Chains advantaged.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical skills
- Advanced level in Microsoft (Excel), Power point and good working knowledge in SAP
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.