Packaging Sustainability Manager - Ref: 18858
- Location: London - Uxbridge
- Salary: up to £45k dependant on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Other - Supply Chain
Your New Job Title: Packaging Sustainability Manager
Your New Salary: up to £45k dependant on experience
Location: Uxbridge area, Middlesex
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Who you'll be working for: A fantastic Client of ours is looking for a Packaging Sustainability Manager to apply sustainability knowledge for the development of innovative and cost-effective packaging solutions and best sustainable technology to support the Global Packaging and Recycling strategy.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Provide technology expertise to customers and suppliers with specific reference to sustainability
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of market level sustainability topics and customer strategies.
- Define specific sustainability requirements in order to communicate this back into the business and ensure alignment with the companies direction and strategy
- Work closely with the companies packaging functions and the supplier community to achieve effective implementation activities and solution
- Maintain effective management and control of the environmental risk and impacts related to the business.
- Drive improvements in sustainability performance to ensure stakeholders have a positive perception of the businesses achievements and strategic intent.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) with a Scientific and/or Sustainability background or equivalent
- Proven business experience in food, consumer goods or packaging industry environment, with responsibilities in the sustainability field.
- Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues
- Sound expert understanding of current environmental sustainability legislation, technologies, trends and technologies.
- Understanding of packaging manufacturing processes, print technology
- Self-confidence to work in a high profile environment in conjunction with senior client management.
The personal attributes you will require to be successful for this role:
- Very strong relationship builder so can develop key relationships with different stakeholders
- A self-motivated individual combined with forward thinking approach
- Very good organizational and project management skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively to different stakeholders
- Experience in working with multi-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure within an international and multicultural working environment
- Willingness to travel 10-25% of the time dependent upon activities
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.