Russian Speaking Communications Manager (Central Asia & Eastern Europe) - Ref: JO18351
- Location: London - London
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Russian
- Categories: Media/Digital - Sales/Marketing/PR
Your New Job Title: Russian Speaking Communications Manager (Central Asia & Eastern Europe)
Your New Salary: Competitive
Location: London based (may require travel)
Who you'll be working for: Our client is a media production and communications agency that helps communities, NGOs and governments to solve some of the most complex social issues facing the world today.
What you'll be doing each day:
As Head of Central Asia & Eastern Europe to lead multiple projects working with local media across Eastern Europe and Central Asia, this support might include working with policy makers and governments in the region, advising and supporting donor governments as well as NGOs, identifying and addressing skills gaps through recruitment and training, supporting a network of YouTube stars and online commentators and helping build and grow local media outlets. You will manage a small team of regional account managers, producers and researchers whilst reporting directly in to the Managing Director.
The skills you'll need each day:
· Leading and developing strategy across multiple projects in the region;
· Growing or work with existing and new clients in the region;
· Managing multiple high level client relationships;
· Managing the project team in London and local teams on the ground;
· Have day to day operational management across all accounts for the region;
· Identifying the most credible media companies to partner with and building network of regional influencers;
· Developing a support package implemented by the right team with the right skills;
· Understanding external private and public opportunities and support from the public service broadcasters, commercial networks, online platforms and funding bodies such as the EU’s media desks;
· Supporting content producers in the Baltic region by helping them to set editorial lines, improve technical production capability and journalistic standards;
· Review current processes, making improvements where necessary;
· Building new business in the region;
· Project management;
· Multi-disciplined: creative, strategic and well organised, someone who knows how to deliver against objectives, ensuring this project is delivered effectively and with integrity;
· Strategic and creative thinker;
· Write proposals, project summaries and reports.
The skills you need to succeed:
· Fluent in Russian and English (Estonian and/or another Baltic language is preferable).
· Strong background in project and campaign management, particularly in relation to social media campaigning, along with proven experience of working in a similar role. Whether you are from a traditional agency background, television sales and distribution, or the government communications world, you will know how to deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
· Leadership skills but able to work well with a number of colleagues and partner organisations to successfully achieve collective goals as well as being a strong leader who is able to effectively manage and direct the campaign teams.
· Have excellent client and stakeholder management skills;
· Have an understanding of the media landscape in Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
· Strong experience managing multiple projects;
· Be digitally savvy and have experience with campaigns across multiple social media platforms;
· Have the ability to communicate confidently, succinctly and clearly;
· Proven experience managing teams;
· Be analytical with an excellent eye for detail and have a strong written ability;
· Be curious and knowledgeable about community affairs, including religion, politics and social mobility;
· Have excellent writing and proofing skills, ensuring the best written and evaluative work leaves the building;
· Have experience of or an interest in political/current affairs;
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.