Your New Job Title: Japanese speaking Corporate Banking Relationship Manager (AD level)
Your New Salary: - £68,000
Status: Full-time/ Permanent
Location: London, The City
The Skills you'll need each day:
Relationshiop Management, Business development, Credit analysis, Crefit evalucation, cashflow modelling, KYC
Who you'll be working for:
Major international corporate Bank. Relationship Manager for Asian Corporate customers operating in EMEA.
Customers will include either majority or minority owned Japanese subsidiaries and Asian subsidiaries such as Korean and Singaporean subsidiaries.
Primary responsibility is increasing transactions and profit with existing customers by exploring further business opportunities and creating relationships with potential new customers.
What you'll be doing each day:
1) Relationship Management
• Act as the primary contact point for customers for all bank related business. Develop new relationships and build trust with customers. RMs need to visit customers regularly and undertake customer entertainment when appropriate.
• Customers are based across entire EMEA region, including Middle East and South Africa. Willingness to travel is a necessity.
• Understand customers’ requirements, provide and offer extensive solutions to meet customer needs.
• Be able to undertake the normal deal process for both bilateral and syndication deals from initiation through, negotiation, term sheet, and execution stage. This includes good communication with other syndicate banks.
• Organise the deals of various financing products with customers and coordinate the process with relevant departments in the Bank in order to achieve target and maximise departmental profit.
2) Credit Evaluation
• Undertake credit analysis and produce applications in order to enter credit facilities with customers. For long-term credit this includes cashflow modelling.
• Check customers’ financial situation and monitor credit worthiness in accordance with internal credit rating procedure. This includes undertaking the full process of renewal of revolving credit applications and semi-annual / annual rating review.
• Take necessary action to mitigate risk arising from customers’ financial difficulty.
3) Document Controls
• Prepare necessary documents to open accounts, extend credit and offer other banking products.
• Complete transaction documentation with the assistance of internal/external lawyers. Initiate/complete the required process for Know Your Customer Exercise on Anti Money Laundering manuals.
The skills you need to succeed:
• Must have excellent both Japanese and English communication skills (written and oral).
• Experience in credit analysis and ability to analyse key risks.
• Understanding of document negotiation and transaction process (initiation to execution).
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Diligent methodical approach, including an ability to follow policies and procedures essential.
• Willingness to increase knowledge on sectors or specialised financing (such as vessel financing) with help of other departments and own initiative.
• Ability to plan and organize own work.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.