Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Assistant Associate-Banking
The Skills you'll use each day: Fluent Mandarin and English, Internship experience in investment banking or client facing project in banking.
Your New Salary: c £25k
Status: 14 months Fixed Term Contract
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a well-established and fast expanding bank.
What you'll be doing each day:
· Assist sales team and Head of IB with client-facing and business-related issues.
· Ensure smooth daily running of UK office in terms of supplies, filing, client lists etc.
· Oversee record keeping in line with Risk and Compliance guidelines.
· Handle IBD team T&E expenses and resultant reporting to Compliance.
· Produce and maintain marketing materials for IBD.
· Arrange and execute China trips for UK and Europe-based clients.
· Secure, arrange and execute corporate road-shows in UK and Europe for Chinese companies.
· Arrange and execute analyst road-shows in UK and Europe.
· Distribute primary products (IPO, placing etc).
· Sell and distribute secondary market research.
· Work on M&A and direct investment projects as required.
· Assist in any inter-company projects as required.
The skills you need to succeed:
· Degree holder (or above) in finance, accounting, law or related disciplines.
· Knowledge of regulatory environment in capital markets in UK and Europe.
· Be fully conversant with market compliance and regulations.
· Strong presentation and communication skills and business acumen.
· CISI certificates UK – unit 1 - FSA financial Regulations.
· CISI Certificates UK – unit 2 – Securities (or equivalent).
· Mandarin written and spoken highly preferable.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.