Job title: Japanese speaking Executive Assistant to Commercial Director
Location: Acton/ Chiswick, West London
Salary: £40-50K dependent on experience (Company Annual Bonus Scheme and pension plan, discounts
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.30, however occasional weekend work may be required, balanced by time off in lieu
The purpose of this role is to provide general assistance to Sales & Marketing and Commercial Directors for all aspects of commercial management within the Sales, Supply Chain and Logistics Departments. Also, to maintaining communication with business contacts, in Japanese and English. Organising travel schedules and meetings with suppliers in UK, Japan and Europe. Management reporting to the Directors based on product and general business data.
• This role is a key position in the business, and as such the candidate will be working very closely with the Directors, particularly in the Sales and Supply Chain areas
• The main reporting is based around Excel and Access/SQL data bases.
• You will be working within a strong and specialist team of 26 individuals, who are in constant communication with all the companies to which we outsource all our production, warehousing and distribution.
• The role is highly independent and needs someone who strongly motivated, proactive in finding solutions, and is used to taking responsibility for all aspects of their job without undue supervision
The ideal candidate will have:
• Considerable experience in general EA roles in business related to food import and export.
• Knowledge of our range of foods and an interest in organic and natural products
• A high level of fluency in Japanese, both spoken and written, enabling the necessary direct business communication with suppliers in Japan
• A high level of fluency in English, both spoken and written, enabling the necessary direct business communication with customers and suppliers in UK and Europe
• Highly numerate and organised, with good general skills in office software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Ability to work with complex spreadsheets to produce data reports and fast typing in both English and Japanese.
• Self-motivating, entrepreneurial drive
• Organised and formalised
• Confident, assertive and good negotiator
• Honest and ethical
• Experience of people management, strong team player/good listener
• Able to travel in the UK and abroad as needed (2-3 times a year with longest duration of 1 week)
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.