Role: Commodity Buyer (Technical Portfolio)
Duration: until 31st Oct 2017 (6 months maternity cover, possibility of the other future role)
Daily rate: up to £229 per day PAYE or £297 LTD CO (equivalent of up to £59.5k)
Location: West London
Job posting ID: 62368
Skills: Procurement of Moulded plastic container, CAPEX, equipment, technical portfolio
Our client a Major FMCG Company are currently recruiting for a maternity cover Commodity Buyer role to partner and align with the end to end supply chain to define business requirements for a world class supply base for provision of high quality goods and services for a technical portfolio category (£55million).
• Assist in the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies on a global basis in alignment with the company and Procurement to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impacts financial results.
• Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
• Participate in cross functional sourcing teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance through strategy development and implementation at global, regional or local level.
• Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times
Supplier Relationship Management
• Assist in the development and management the supply base for external GMS end to end supply chain providing supply of high quality and competitively priced materials and services, to meet business requirements.
• Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective sources for relevant commodities.
• Participate in the development of Continuous Improvement strategy for supply base employing lean and sigma approach including PUCC and DFM.
• Development of Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply.
• Implementation of risk management strategies for the mitigation of risk associated with goods and services in assigned area of responsibility.
• Represent the category on relevant strategy development and supply chain planning forums
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; agree RACIs and business requirements
• Ensure regulatory compliance through the appropriate strategy creation.
• Provide best in class cost
• Sharing of best practice across category team and Production Procurement
• Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base
• Previous procurement experience with some level of autonomy and category/portfolio management skills
• Degree in Business Economics, Technical or Science is preferred
• Previous experience handling categories of Moulded plastic containers, CAPEX, equipment or handling technical portfolio is desired
• Regulatory or FMCG or automotive or Food industry experience is desirable but not a must have
• Mature personality, ability to manage themselves independently
• Good supplier relationship skills
• Proactive personality
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.