Job Title: Junior Trader
Skills: English + other language would be advantage (German or Spanish, Basic Japanese)
Salary: Basic £18K + travel card
International trading company is seeking a Junior Trader to work within a market with huge potential for growth.
This is a great opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive environment. 6 months training will be given in Japan HQ.
" Responsible for projects including of export sales of steel products to Europe from the Japanese steel producer.
" Negotiating directly with customers and suppliers to fix contract terms and maintain constant business relationships
" Market research to establish competitors' pricing and identify new business opportunities
" Risk assessment of potential customers including financial report analysis
" Attending trade fairs; conducting stock takes at customers' sites for consignment business
" Following up on any issues that arise after a contract is fixed, such as shipment delays, payment delays and quality claim issues.
" Handle all administration for the Steel Department, including: invoicing, shipping, chasing payments, issuing contracts and managing our sales order process on SAP Business One.
- Previous experience in business development is a plus
- Good communication/ written skills in English
- Strong academic record is a plus
- Other European language would be advantage (German, Italian, French, Spanish, Basic Japanese)
- Flexible and adaptable person.
- IT skills: Microsoft word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint