Mandarin Speaking Logistics Operations Manager - Ref: 19409
- Location: London
- Salary: 30K - 36K
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Chinese Mandarin
- Categories: Import/Export/Trade - Logistics/Transport
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Logistics Operations Manager
The Skills You'll Need: Logistics, Operations, Mandarin Fluency, Customs
Your New Salary: £30-36k plus medical, income and life insurance. 25 days holiday
Location: Central London
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am -5.30pm
Who You'll Be Working for:
A major construction company.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Negotiating the service level agreement, customs clearance, transportation, and storage rates with service providers and keeping substantial cost savings by securing discounts.
- Keeping good relationships with existing forwarders and develop new forwarders.
- Dealing with custom clearance for sea, air and rail import shipment in UK and Europe, managing delivery bookings between ports / airport, warehouses and sites.
- Deliver full support for projects, providing optimal logistics and storage solution and avoiding unnecessary costs.
- Daily communicating and coordinating with shipping companies, freight forwarders, hauliers, warehouses and sites to ensure deliveries are going smoothly and resolving problems.
- Organising export for empty stillages and materials shipping.
- Checking and monitoring deliveries and unloading in warehouses and ensure materials in good condition and correct quantities.
- Managing warehouse storage space for projects to meet site requests.
- Managing Barking warehouse labour cost.
- Dealing with insurance claims for damaged units.
- Invoice / cost registration, checking and verifying invoices to ensure correct billing.
- Helping QS to claim the expenses that caused by third party liability.
- Raising invoices and completing necessary paperwork for payment.
- Quoting new logistics related prices to support future projects tendering.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent in Chinese and English.
- Work experience in international logistics.
- Will be able to travel between office and construction sites/warehouse weekly.
- Strong order management skills.
- Well organised.
- Good negotiator.
Please Follow Us On Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.