Mandarin Speaking Infrastructure Engineer - Ref: 19163
- Location: London
- Salary: Up to £50k
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Chinese Mandarin
- Categories: IT/Telecoms
Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf and pfteamchina
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Infrastructure Engineer
Your New Salary: Up to £50k depending on experience + £5k guaranteed travel allowance + Other company benefits
Location: West London
The Infrastructure Engineer will assist the Senior Infrastructure Engineer providing end to end solutions and managing the IT life cycle ensuring operational efficiency and maintenance contracts. The position will mainly focus on BAU Infrastructure project and support work and assisting with support desk duties when required.
What you'll be doing each day:
- The Infrastructure Engineer will possess the technical skills required to manage the infrastructure and services.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure IT infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- To provide excellent problem solving, troubleshooting skills, effective communication, inter-personal management abilities.
- Application monitoring, performance and capacity tuning on a daily basis.
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills using SQL.
- Duty to respond and answer all service desk calls in a timely & respectable manner.
- Escalation point for junior member and provides support and cover for senior team members.
- Responsible to work flexible hours and weekends if and when required and to be on call as a part of the helpdesk on call service roster.
- Identify any improvements that can be made to service, recommendations for preventative maintenance and needs for user training.
- Follow change control procedures when implementing core system updates/upgrades.
- Escalate problems to 3rd party service providers when required and track case until resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining call logs, user guides, KBs, setup guides, IT records and documentation.
- Provide BAU Infrastructure, Active Directory & Exchange support and administration.
- Provide Desktop and telephone support.
- Maintain systems uptime and availability.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT policies and procedures. Ensure that all IT policies are followed and implemented.
- Assist, Coordinate and manage all system incidents, changes and new requests.
- Maintain and enforce company IT security and compliance.
- Coordinate and managing all development for main trading application and data integration.
- Ensure that SLA’s are adhered to with suppliers.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary from time to time.
The skills you need to succeed:
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Advanced support experience within VMWare and Windows
- Advanced support experience with Active Directory and Exchange DAG
- Experience maintaining EMC VNX / Recoverpoint storage environment.
- Managing backups and recovery tasks with Veeam & Data Domain
- Strong knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions (Cisco ASA and Checkpoint)
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching.
- Monitor infrastructure capacity and ensure systems meet business operational requirements
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Checkpoint IPS management
- Cloud Proxy service (Zscaler)
- Cloud email providers Mimecast / Symantec
- Data Centre collocation management
- Vendor/Carrier management
- VCP, MCSA, MCSE qualifications an advantage
- Cisco CCNA/P qualification an advantage
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent qualification an advantage
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Threat prevention and Security awareness
- PowerShell and scripting capabilities
- Provide on call services
- Market Data Applications, Bloomberg, Reuters, ICE, PVM
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.