Logistics and Warehouse Manager - Ref: 19093
- Location: London - West London
- Salary: £38k - £45k per annum depending on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: English
- Categories: Logistics/Transport
Your New Job Title: Logistics and Warehouse Manager
Your New Salary: £38k - £45k per annum depending on experience
Location: West London
Hours: 9:00 to 5:30 pm
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
You will be assisting in establishing a warehouse and logistics’ centre in the headquarters in the UK. This department will handle and despatch all global orders and deliveries, update and manage stock levels, coordinate all despatches and tracking details.
● Day to day management of the warehouse team
● Maintaining high levels of productivity, staff timekeeping, motivating and developing the team, appraisal, apprenticeship reviews and training
● All aspects of stock control and monthly stock taking
● All aspects of stock management, storage and stock distribution
● Organise and manage all aspects of collections, deliveries and all relevant paperwork, commercial invoices, customs forms.
● Process the ‘Return of Goods’ according to company policy.
● Provide warehouse support for packing and dispatching orders when required.
● All necessary paperwork and admin, inventory including Microsoft Excel data input
● Good use of online shipping, Intraship and monitoring of deliveries.
● Reporting stock figures and movements
● Manage Health and Safety policies including checks
● Point of escalation and leading the resolution of systems and process constraints, discussions, and issues. All instances to be reviewed and rectification measures to be applied to prevent re-occurrence
● Establish reports and KPIs to support daily operations and management of the respective functional areas.
● Review operational and systems performance on a frequent basis, identifying and proposing clear recommendations for improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness.
● Review complex numerical data, identify key trends and develop clearly structured long-term projections for Investment and Operating cost.
● To deliver a sustainable improvement in inventory accuracy, engage with team leaders and Group leaders to maintain focus on the key dependencies (transactions and behaviours) to support, enable and drive the improvement.
● Capable of assuming a leading role within the cross functional team to develop a robust logistics solution design, project manage the implementation and engage all stakeholders.
The Skills You'll Need to succeed:
● The successful candidate will need to have strong logistics’ and stock management experience
● Ideally educated to Degree level
● Highly IT literate (Microsoft applications particularly MS Excel, Office and MS Outlook,
Internal Systems, etc)
● Extensive warehouse operations and inventory management experience ideally gained with an automotive manufacturer
● Proven leader of teams and change management and solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
● Proven ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority
● Broad understanding of global distribution challenges (legislation etc) and overseas customs
● Proven ability to manage all aspects of complex supply chains from end to end
● Experience in analysing and interpreting data
● Strong negotiation skills
● Continuous Improvement
● Financial Management
● Inventory Accuracy
● Future solution design
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.