Corporate Credit Analyst (Banking) - Ref: 19050
- Location: London
- Salary: £50-60k / £300 (daily) depending on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Banking
Your New Job Title: Corporate Credit Analyst (Banking)
Your New Salary: £50-60k / £300 (daily) depending on experience
Job status: Permanent / 6-12 months Contract (open to negotiate)
Location: Central London
Undertaking a programme of regular credit reviews on corporate customers, reviewing compliance with the Credit Risk Management Manual and overviewing credit quality and standards.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Gathering financial information on the customer creditworthiness, analysing the information, and deciding whether to offer credit to the customer (risk assessment).
- Negotiating repayment plans or instigating legal action if recovery proves difficult (debt recovery or insolvency work).
- Accountable for the review of quality applications and declined applications.
- Ensure all credit risk policies are current & fit for purpose and provide guidance on operational functions that surround these policies.
- Ensure all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory rules and guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with current banking legislation and procedures.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects for the department.
- Provide cover for other risk staff.
- Comply with all applicable regulations, rules, codes, guidelines and standards set by regulators and the Bank, and carry out duties with high integrity; and
- Adhere to all established risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in the day-to-day work.
The skills you need to succeed:
- UK based corporate credit experience.
- Analysing and interpreting basic financial statements and tax returns
- High level of credit risk analysis skills
- Strong experience in analyzing credit proposals in various industry sectors and for limit amounts above USD 50mn.
- Strong understanding of financial aspects of loan markets.
- Good understanding of whole banking products.
- Experience in service orientated and customer focused role in financial services sector.
- Demonstrable understanding of the international regulatory environment for the selected products and markets.
- Experience in cash flow modelling would be an advantage.
- Sound and proven analytical, credit and risk skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and well-organized; Good communication skills; Strong work ethic and team spirit.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.