Packaging Account Manager - Ref: 18857
- Location: London - North London
- Salary: up to £65k dependant on experience
- Job Type: Contract
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Other - Supply Chain
Your New Job Title: Packaging Account Manager
Your New Salary: up to £65k dependant on experience
Status: 2 year FTC
Location: North London
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Who you'll be working for: A fantastic Client of ours is looking for an experienced Account Manager experienced in customer focused roles which understands the needs of the allocated markets, their strategies, the business priorities and the organization (relevant stakeholders/influencers/decision makers). You will ensure the packaging category is effectively managed in the markets, in alignment with the global packaging category strategy. You will also lead all local packaging projects with the support of the central team and supplier base.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Your key objective is to make sure the Company packaging value is constantly delivered to the markets and to identify business opportunities to enhance the business service scope.
- Manage a team of 2 Account managers with responsibility for seamless execution of all promotional packaging initiatives, and graphic changes.
- Develop an account plan to best meet customer needs and increase perceived value in UK & Ireland, market.
- Build strong relationships with the key stake holders internally and externally in markets
- Understand and proactively support customer business strategies.
- Agree annual performance measures and objectives and review with the accounts regularly
- Regularly review and challenge common processes, propose improvements and execute in full alignment with the account and the Company's Packaging organization
- Lead the execution of the agreed market packaging plans and initiatives in his/her markets
- Lead all local packaging projects and proactively suggests packaging and process solutions to the market
- Ensure all product change initiatives resulting from European SSRs, product launches etc are effectively implemented into allocated markets through clear phase in phase out plans.
- Locally manage critical incident situations, following defined process to ensure assured supply.
- Facilitate and meet customer requirements by planning and involving appropriate internal expertise and support from across the organisation, as well as other relevant stakeholders eg. Suppliers, distributors.
- Through regular meetings with appropriate account stake holders, review and update the objectives and progress to maintain alignment
- Work and deliver to a defined budget
- Regularly monitor and review financial performance in line with business targets, and develop appropriate action plans.
- Through the knowledge of the account strategies, identify business growth opportunities
- Develop and execute go to market strategies to support business growth
The skills you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) with a Scientific and/or Sustainability background or equivalent
- Proven business experience in customer facing role preferably account management with direct reports
- Good understanding of the printing or/and packaging industry requirements
- Ability to lead a direct team, internal core support functions and to influence customers and suppliers in order to meet objectives
- Excellent project management skills in managing artwork through to final production
- Packaging services or/and marketing or/and agency background
- Experience of operating within a fast paced Supply Chain environment
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.