LME Floor Sales Executive - Ref: 18708
- Location: London
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: English
- Categories: Trading
Your New Job Title: LME Floor Sales Executive
The Skills you'll use each day: Fluent in English, must hold relevant FCA registration, University degree or above, have a solid knowledge of banking underlying instruments. Good understanding of credit, compliance and risk issues. General customer care skills and knowledge of market competition.
Your New Salary: Negotiable
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is an international leader in its field.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Talk to and advise customers on LME products. Quote prices to customers and transact on behalf of our client.
- To cement current relationships and proactively search for new customers. This will include one-to-one meetings as well as, from time to time, representing our client at conferences and exhibitions.
- When traveling, to represent our client in all discussions and to complete full trip reports within five working days of returning the office. All such reports to be filed on central drive.
- The role involves overseas travel, both European, US and Far-East and may involve working from another branch or representative office for limited periods of time. You will be expected to work from your own initiative depending on circumstances.
- In accordance with our client’s policy, market our client to current and prospective counterparts. This may include concentration by product area, geographical area or by business area (i.e. funds, producers, manufacturers).
- To adhere to business plans where set.
- Ensure regulatory and commercial conduct towards customers is professional at all times.
- Ensure our client is delivering a full service to customer by offering all products and services.
- Ensure regular contact with customer, both verbal and visits, where necessary.
- To actively identify and seek new business contacts.
- Liaise with Risk (including with but not limited to Credit, Legal and Documentation) and Compliance Departments where necessary for the development of existing and prospective business.
- Complete full and detailed meeting reports after visiting present or prospective customers within five business days of returning to work in the office.
- Be knowledgeable of all products that are marketed.
- Be able to translate the advantages / disadvantages of products / services to customers.
- Propose and structure new products and sound strategies when required.
- Understand the relationship that our client has with its customers. This will include but not limited to commission rates, credit lines, utilization of credit lines, margins payment record.
- Complete full, informative and balanced Executive Summaries when proposing new or amended credit lines to the internal Credit Committee. Such summaries should include positives and negative comments towards the customer where material.
- Attend Credit Committee meetings or any other meetings when invited to do so and be knowledgeable about the customer.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Fluent in English.
- University degree or above.
- Hold relevant FCA registration or CF30.
- Have a solid knowledge of banking underlying instruments.
- Good understanding of credit, compliance and risk issues.
- General customer care skills and knowledge of market competition.
- Willing to travel
- Strong inter-personal skills, diplomacy and clarity.
- Personal effectiveness.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.