Corporate Bank Senior Manager – Japanese Corporate Finance Dept - Ref: 18627
- Location: Italy
- Salary: TBC
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Japanese
- Categories: No categories
Your New Job Title: Corporate Bank Senior Manager – Japanese Corporate Finance Dept
Your New Salary: TBC
Status: Fulltime/ Permanent
Location: Milan, Italy
The Skills you'll need each day:
Corporate finance, Credit analysis, Risk analysis, loan, Relationship Manager, Japanese
Who you'll be working for:
You belong to Japanese Corporate Finance Department. You will be required to work closely with management team together with European and Head Office (Japan) Credit and risk teams.
The primary purpose of this role is to promote company business with new clients and build the client base for the Milan Branch.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Responsible for development and delivery of the strategic and operational plans for the Corporate Finance Department for Japanese clients, in conjunction with branch management.
- Direct responsibility for establishing close Relationship and Product Management with identified Japanese corporate clients.
- Overall responsibility for establishing a high-quality loan portfolio within the Milan Branch with appropriate risk return. In consultation with GM and JGM, undertake a review of the loan portfolio to assess loan exposure/risk/profit within the Branch
- Overall responsibility for monitoring and managing any problem loans in accordance with the Bank’s procedures and create an exit strategy as appropriate.
- Create well-balanced portfolios with industry and product and credit quality diversification, in order to achieve revenue / profit targets through Corporates
- Overall responsibility for budgetary control/cost management across the Department within delegated authority from GM.
- Assist the Branch Manager in general management of the Branch.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Have demonstrable experience in banking relationship management, ideally within the European banking environment.
- Proven ability to build and grow business within a competitive environment.
- Familiar with the European and Japanese banking products and client landscape.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Outstanding communicator – verbal and written both in English and Japanese
- Professional presentation skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English – essential
- Strong credit and risk analysis skills – essential
- Commercial /customer service skills
- Sound experience in successfully building and managing client relationships.
- Good knowledge of banking products and services within the region
- Management and Leadership skills
- Demonstrable experience in managing small teams.
- Italian language skills – desirable
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.