Chief Risk Officer / Head of Risk - Ref: 18605
- Location: London
- Salary: £110 - 140K
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Banking
Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Your New Job Title: Chief Risk Officer / Head of Risk
Your New Salary: £110 - 140K
Whom you'll be reporting to: President
Status: Full time Permanent
Location: Central London
- Responsibility for management of the UK Branch’s risk management processes.
- Responsibility for management of the Branch’s systems and controls in the UK.
- Day-to-day accountability for management and oversight of the implementation and effectiveness of the Branch’s Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- SMF4 accountability.
- Propose to the ARCo and, where appropriate, the ManCo, the policies, standards, methodologies, limits and procedures forming the framework for market, credit and operational risk management in the Branch, and ensure framework is regularly reviewed and consistent with all HO requirements as well as meeting all applicable UK regulatory requirements.
- Establish effective systems and procedures to measure and report independently on the market, credit and operational risks of the Branch.
- Provide daily MI on the market and credit risk profile of the Branch to the senior management team and the Financial Markets and Business Development departments.
- Provide monthly MI on the market, credit and operational risk profile of the Branch to ARCo and senior management, and reporting any material risk matters to ManCo.
- Provide monthly and quarterly stress-testing analysis for the Branch to ARCo and senior management.
- Review the Branch RMF with the HO Risk department.
- Provide reports on the Branch’s risk profile, asset portfolio and other material risk matters to the corresponding HO department.
- Provide independent credit risk analysis to Credit Committee and, where appropriate the corresponding HO department.
- Review Branch market and credit risk limits at least annually.
- Advise on the market, credit and operational risk requirements of any new businesses or new products.
- Develop, manage and refine qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the Board in order to support effective decision making.
- Develop, enhance and embed the risk framework to deliver effective risk management to the business and continue to educate the business in effective risk management ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
- Analyse any current or future gaps in resourcing within the Risk function.
- Oversee the activity of the Internal Audit function.
- Engage with regulators as and when required by business and jurisdictional needs.
- Proven ability to oversee a number of risk types, ideally including credit, market, operational, investment, regulatory and strategic risk and specifically liquidity, concentration and counterparty risk.
- Client focused with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills and able to operate with gravitas up to board level.
- Able to prioritise multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to identify and monitor risk in collaboration with Compliance.
- Have strong attention to detail, and the ability to recognise and investigate reporting anomalies
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.