软件开发工程师(普通话优先考虑)-Software Developer - Ref: 18545
- Location: London
- Salary: £35k to £45k (negotiable depending on experience)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: IT/Telecoms
Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Your New Job Title: Software Developer (Mandarin Speaking Preferable)
Location: City of London
Your New Salary: £35k to £45k (negotiable depending on experience)
岗位薪资：£35k to £45k（可根据工作经验面议）
Reporting to: Head of IT
Status: Full time, Permanent
Hours of Work: 35/ Week
- Competitive salary
- Friendly open-plan start-up environment in a brand-new located near Bank Station
- Private Medical Insurance, Additional Pension Contribution, Life Insurance
- Regular team/company Social events.
- Complimentary lunches
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Support day-to-day business activities of the Bank’s external regulatory reporting, internal management information on the dominating reporting platforms and reporting tools in UK market.
- Carry out development and enhancement activities for the Bank's reporting platform on the above reporting platforms, whilst taking a pro-active role in driving the success of the MI reporting system forward.
- Work closely with business users to analyse the requirements, identify where the changes are required, and perform the development and testing activities.
- Write business analysis reports and system requirement reports, work close with Head Office IT department and local vendors to develop bank applications.
- Develop new frameworks, applications, features and enhancements on existing bank applications.
- Undertake analysis of data to produce database development projects for wide ranging business base.
- Develop database designs inclusive of tables, data types, functions, stored procedures etc.
- Manage the ongoing development cycle of existing products, including scheduling of developments, product testing, release cycle and support materials.
- Provide assistance of developing, maintaining, monitoring and improving the banking systems Databases in coordination with the IT Department at Head Office.
- Take the responsibility to develop the tools based on in-house banking system to make the business procedure run smoothly, including trade, finance, risk and operation issues.
- Co-operate with the local venders to update the “third party” systems and platforms.
- Assist to maintain the comms room, as well as the server, storage, database, network and desktop.
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of IT.
The skills you need:
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycles – particularly Agile approach.
- Proficient in the usage of database technologies - preferably Oracle and/or MS SQL Server. Focusing on query building, data transformation and report building logic.
- Experienced in programming with VBA, Python. Having experience in .Net, C＃ and Java programming would be a strong plus.
- Extra value will be attributed to familiarity with more technical concepts, e.g. DB Performance Tuning, utilization of Indexes, Triggers etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, Linux, Vmware/HyperV, TCP/IP Network, Firewall, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Extensive experience of software development / technical maintenance experience in the database management or financial reporting driven role.
- A background in finance or banking.
- Previous background with financial & regulatory projects would be a strong plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Creativity – willingness to think outside of the box.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a Chinese speaking environment.
- Results and detail-orientation.
- Ability to multitask.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ability to read Chinese and speak Mandarin is a plus but not a must.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.