Japanese Speaking Treasury Operations Assistant - Ref: 18543
- Location: London
- Salary: £25K-30K
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Japanese
- Categories: Financial Services - PA/Admin/Secretarial
・ 英国永住権/ UK・EEA配偶者 ○
・ Tier5 ×
・ Tier4 ×
Your New Job Title: JAPANESE spkg Treasury Operations Senior Assistant, Finance Department
Your New Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 (Overtime payable)
Status: Permanent/ Full-time
Location: City of London
Hours of Work: 9am – 5pm
The Skills you'll need each day:
general ledger, SAP, BACS, online banking, cash management, reconciliations, FX, Bill of Exchange
Who you'll be working for:
Major international company based in the City is seeking an efficient Treasury Operator to work in the finance dept.
The role involves providing all round treasury operations support and finance administration for our sales departments and employees, with a focus on efficient and accurate administration skills.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Accurate and timely processing of general ledger and journal entries including but not limited to:
payments, receipts, deposit and loan entries/rollovers/maturities, discounts and account transfers.
- Assisting in investigation and reconciliation of company ledgers against bank ledgers.
- Daily use of SAP
- Supporting with BACS, payment and trade transaction inquiries etc.
- Daily monitoring of banking facilities and entering payment instructions onto online banking systems for subsequent approval and release.
- Aiding in cash management processes including reconciliations and period end close.
- Covering departmental responsibilities in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensuring procedures are being completed in accordance to internal risk and control standards.
- Support with group reporting requirements
- Support with ongoing financial accounts projects and continuous improvement of processes and controls eg Financial Technology
- Applying new procedures in line with regulatory changes.
- Booking of foreign exchange contracts.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with banks and other internal and external parties on a daily basis.
- Preparing Bill of Exchange and bank schedules for collections and document negotiation under letters of credit and monitoring of files for acceptance/payment.
- Collating data into spreadsheets.
- General administration duties such as; filing, mailing, scanning, faxing and copying of documents.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Japanese and English fluent
- Strong Excel skills
- Good time and task management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Systematic attitude to work and processes
- A good understanding of trade documents such as letters of credit and collections along with proven understanding of foreign exchange and bank payment procedures
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Cooperative, flexible and “Can do” attitude
- Accurate and proven numerical skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment