The Skills You Need: Fluent Arabic, Translation Project Management experience
Salary: c£30k+, plus benefits.
Our client is a cutting edge, online company based in cool offices, in a hip(ster) location, that is growing lighting fast and has a super friendly international team.
They now need an Arabic speaker, with a background in translation, to oversee the content of their new Arabic language site.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will have clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work the brilliant team does. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Arabic website.
You will create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
Reporting to the Content Manager you will have experience of project management, with previous experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics specialist with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
• You will lead Arabic translations for the business, responsible for all localisation, ensuring high quality written content.
• You will write, proof and test translation of all content for the Arabic website including webtext, flat content, social posts, editorial and ad hoc copy
• You will create and define a tone of voice for the Arabic site that reflects the core brand, acting as the quality guardian for our Arabic tone of voice
• You will ensure that all translations are done with a full understanding of best practice within your specific market whilst adhering to the brand guidelines
• You will manage our relationship with our 3rd party product description translation provider.
• You will collaborate with various stakeholders across other departments to help evolve the business
What You Need to Succeed:
• You have proven experience in effectively managing translation processes
• You are fluent in Arabic and English, and proficient English-Arabic translation experience
• You are an independent "self-starter" with an excellent knowledge of content best practices, and a solid understanding of garment and accessory construction
• You are highly organised, with a strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• You are target focused and result driven, with the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadline
• You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
• You have a writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
• Ideally, you are comfortable with digital work on both in-house and external CMS and are experienced with working on localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.