The Skills You Will Use: Fluent Mandarin, Ready to take on ownership of UK office HR & Admin tasks, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or CIPD Level 5 qualified.
Salary: To £50,000 + 20% KPI bonus + discount travel products
Our international client, with offices in the USA (where the company was founded), China and the UK, is a leading Online Travel Agency. They are now looking for an open-minded, positive, enthusiastic individual who wants to develop on her/his HR skills.
Reporting to the COO, you will have plenty of opportunities to shadow and learn about the business and also lots of autonomy to make the right change and create the work environment you enjoy.
• Liaise with hiring manager to ensure recruitment process is being followed.
• Assist in prepration of job descriptions, posting of job vacancies, screening candidates.
• Schedule interviews and conduct interviews with managers.
• Ensure that feedback is provided from interviewers and responds are passed onto candidates in a
• Prepare and conduct new hire induction program
• Send new hires welcome emails with instructions to sign up for benefits, complete tax and direct
deposit info and ensure forms are passed onto our external payroll department on time.
• Notify all appropriate parties for new hire set up
• Make our new hires feel so welcome that he/she wants his/her friends to come join us!
• Work with payroll on any payroll issues
• Ensure all processes are compliance
• Work with benefit broker on correcting issues and claims
• Respond to inquiries from employee regarding benefits
• Research on annual basis to ensure we are getting the most competitive price from broker.
• Complete written and verbal employment verifications
• Complete Employee Change Form for departments
• Respond to requests from Immigration Attorney
• Maintain company organization charts & contact list
• Support management in creating a fun and professional working environment.
• Responsible for the efficient and productive day-to-day operations of the office facilities.
• Manage all office improvement projects and office facilities maintenance.
• Ensure all London office invoices are being submitted to Shanghai-based bookkeeper on a timely basis.
• Other administrative functions as required.
The Skills You need to Succeed:
• Positive, cheerful and mature mindset to motivate him/herself and other work colleagues.
• Ready to take on ownership of UK office HR & Admin tasks.
• HR & admin experience, standalone experience and ability to speak and type Chinese is a must.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) to communicate with employees of different
• Self-motivator with an international mindset to work with employees from different background/cultures.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Work well under pressure and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Open minded and willing to break the ice to work with colleagues to build relationship quickly.
• Willing to take initiative to excel in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Must have a high level of accountability and responsibility for safeguarding confidential information.
• Meticulous attention to detail to handle payroll and benefit.
• Motivated and self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or CIPD Level 5 qualified.
• Startup experience is a major plus!
• Ability to embrace different cultures and demonstrate as an HR Manager who can work with a global
workforce from different backgrounds, nationalities and cultures
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.