S&OP; Planning Manager (Pharma) - Ref: 1709-85
- Location: Cambridgeshire - Cambridgeshire
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Supply Chain
Your new job title: S&OP Planning Manager (Pharma)
Your new salary: Competitive
Our client a Globally recognised life sciences company are looking for someone to be responsible for managing all supply chain planning activities end to end across one of four key value chains to deliver maximum service levels and optimal inventory and cost. Each value chain encompasses multiple global distribution sites and both in-house manufactured and third-party purchase items.
• Responsibility for management of end to end material flow across the value chain
• Working with stakeholders in Procurement, Category Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics and Finance to ensure delivery of company strategy for the value stream
• Line Management of a small team of Value Chain Planners and Administrators across multiple sites
• Ensuring that value chain service level targets (Delivery on Promise/On Time In Full, Fill rate) are hit at an acceptable cost; ensuring order backlog is kept to a minimum
• Responsibility for conformity of actual planned batches to value chain production budgets
• Working across value chains to support capacity planning across manufacturing and distribution sites
• Ensuring that value chain inventory levels are optimised end to end across raw materials, intermediates and finished goods
• Key stakeholder in company Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
• Working with key stakeholders in Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning, Procurement and Logistics to deliver an achievable supply plan for the value chain, based on a strong knowledge of capacity and constraints across the value chain
• Working with customer facing teams to ensure that forecasting and demand management is optimised
• Driving Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence activities using Lean/Six sigma methodologies
The skills you will need to be successful:
• Significant experience in a supply chain role within a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP) environment.
• Natural attention to detail and possess excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and organisational skills.
• Comfortable doing production planning using an ERP system such as Oracle
• Have a proven track record of optimising material flows across both production and distribution sites.
• Ideally APCIS CPIM qualified (or similar) or are prepared to work towards obtaining this qualification
• Experience of running all or part of a Sales and Operations Planning or Integrated Business Planning process is desirable
• Experience of using Business Intelligence software is advantageous
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.