Pharmaceutical Procurement Manager - Ref: 1709-83
- Location: Cambridgeshire - Cambridgeshire
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: No languages
- Categories: Healthcare / Pharmaceutical - Procurement/ Purchasing - Supply Chain
Your new role: Pharmaceutical Procurement Manager
Your new salary: Competitive
Our client a Globally recognised life sciences company are currently looking for a Sourcing/Procurement Manager to utilise broad knowledge of sourcing to develop and execute sourcing strategies with Suppliers that support the Global Supply and Manufacturing objectives by building and maintaining reliable and high quality supply strategies at the best possible cost.
You will establish the approach to maximise value, as the company grows, while maintaining supplier relationships. You will be responsible to work directly with key business stakeholders to understand strategic initiatives required to support business objectives in supply, as well as opportunities for supply network consolidation and managing business risk. You will need to understand market trends and work to identify areas of improvement to drive additional value for the organisation, while meeting the business requirements.
You will utilise your relationship management, operations optimisation, continuous improvement, contract design & oversight skills to deliver best total cost, pushing the implementation of best practice in the procurement of external manufacturing.
• Working with Global Sourcing Manager and Product Managers, implement strategic sourcing framework to identify current suppliers’ capabilities, business requirements and overall performance.
• Use the framework to develop a supplier rationalisation plan to optimise all suppliers in the portfolio (quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness).
• Manage and develop the relationships with key worldwide suppliers; with formal commercial disciplines and standards.
• Negotiate commercial terms (to achieve the best contractual value) with Suppliers in portfolio or new, as directed by Product Managers. Negotiate continued cost reduction and efficiencies.
• Work cross-functionally to discuss and resolve ongoing supplier-related issues.
• Drive supplier relationship management (SRM) with each supplier,
• Together with Global Procurement colleagues, contribute to developing strategic sourcing platform that covers OEM supplier requirements (which will include elements of collaboration and innovation).
• Determine how all aspects of a supplier offering can contribute to value growth for the company beyond price points
• Understand total cost of ownership along the end-to-end value chain and use to create, amend or reinforce sourcing strategies.
• Negotiating investment in infrastructure and resources at Suppliers
• Provide information for tracking procurement savings.
• Apply risk management techniques to ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate against financial, reputational, legal, business continuity and performance risk exposure. Escalate as required to maintain value
• Support the maintenance, and use of, the Global Procurement Process - policies, procedures and standards
• Contribute to introducing new ERP functionality into Procurement ways of working
The skills you need to succeed:
• Strong Procurement or supply chain management experience
• Ideally hold a degree in Business, Operations / Engineering, or Supply chain Management (or equivalent)
• Preferable candidate to have experience in a biotechnology pharmaceutical / life sciences environment.
• In addition ideally you will have CIPS accreditation, or willingness and enthusiasm to achieve this.
• Ability to negotiate supplier purchase contracts as well as commercial terms and service level agreements (essential).
• Knowledge of best-in-class strategic sourcing methodologies
• Strong analytical skills, strong relationship management and high emotional intelligence to be able to credibly manage senior stakeholders in a complex matrix environment
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Supply chain experience, working with cross functional teams in a fast-paced company.
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
The Personal Attributes you need to be successful:
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, global, team environment and adapt to change.
• Ability to maintain an impartial high level view of business objectives whilst remaining results and outcomes focused.
• Be an expert negotiator and demonstrate evidence of strong financial acumen from previous work experience
• You will be able to demonstrate evidence of strong supplier relationship activities in terms of performance measurement
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Knowledge and ability to build procurement strategies in the contract manufacturing space, linked to key business goals for service, quality and cost.
• Understanding approach to consolidation of supply networks through sourcing analysis and risk management.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.