Mandarin speaking Banking Associate - Ref: 1708-10
- Location: London
- Salary: £25k + great benefits
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Chinese Mandarin
- Categories: Financial Services
Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Banking Associate
Your New Salary: £25k + great benefits
To deliver effective and efficient customer services and to assist with the day to day operation of the Banking Department, and responsible for undertaking administrative tasks.
To facilitate the implementation of all policies within the Banking Department and to ensure the Department remain compliant and meet the requirements of the Bank’s regulations and legislation in relation to anti-money laundering, and operational risk.
As the business is international and the Bank aims to provide excellent customer service, there are elements of the role that may need to be performed outside of the typical working day. The role-holder will therefore be required to be flexible in their approach to working hours.
Your Essential Responsibilities :
• Cash handling and other associated duties as a cashier at closed counter and other duties such as account opening and customer enquiries at open counter and banking hall reception desk
• Participation of marketing events and activities to achieve the targets of business development
• Undertake daily transaction monitoring activity in a timely and accurate manner, to ensure monitoring alerts reviewed by the department are managed effectively
• To carry out the client on-boarding process, and to conduct AML checks on new clients according to internal and external Legal and Compliance (L&C) requirements, and account opening
• Complete KYC and AML files for new clients within the time frame, and is responsible for the quality of KYC conducted.
• Ensure KYC and AML work is acceptable to Legal & Compliance Department (L&C) with a consistent approach. Effectively communicate with L&C over any differences.
• Undertake KYC and AML review of existing clients on a regular basis in accordance with internal and external L&C requirements.
• Liaise with L&C, and Risk Management in respect of all aspects of Compliance and Operational Risk matters
• Have comprehensive understanding of the Bank’s internal ‘Prevention of Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing’, ‘Financial Crime’, ‘Customer Due Diligence’, ‘Anti-Bribery and Corruption’ Policies and Procedures, and “Compliant Management Policy” and keep up to date with any changes made.
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of the internal ‘Compliance’ Policy and Procedure and awareness of all other associated Compliance policies and procedures.
• Ongoing customer accounts reviews
• Customer Due Diligence including customer KYC/KYB reviews
• Co-ordinate responses to enquires/instructions/notices from Legal & Compliance Department, Risk Management Department and Internal Audit Department
• Acts as cover for any other staff members include all areas of the department
• Provide clerical support duties, such as filing, data input, cash handling, and ad hoc projects and all operational tasks
• Adhere to the Bank and Banking Department’s Code of Conduct and comply with Banking Department and the Bank’s policies and procedures manual at all times
• Assisting the preparation of business, statistical, anti-money laundering, Internal Audit Requirement/Compliance Requirements reports
• Any other duties assigned by, the Head/Deputy Head of Banking Department, or supervisor.
The Skills You Need to Succeed:
• Degree educated (preferably in law, banking or finance)
• 1+ Year relevant experience with exposure to areas of Compliance and Operational Risk preferred
• Team Player
• Results Focused. Ability to drive work plan under little supervision.
• Creative Problem Solving
• Reasoning skills
• Experience in drafting reports
• Good English and Mandarin speaking skills
• Good interpersonal skills with attention to details,
• A self confident communicator
• Good Standard of Written Chinese and English from an occupational requirement prospective.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.