Job Title: Logistics Manager
Skills: Shipping, Team Management, Fashion/Luxury Goods
Location: East London
Reporting to the Production & Logistics Director, this new position will establish logistics procedures across the business, developing and implementing new processes to ensure operational excellence and best practice in both movement of raw materials and finished goods. This role will manage a Logistics Coordinator based at the warehouse in the Netherlands.
• Define and deploy the logistics strategy (logistics network design, third party partner management, transportation capacities)
• Help to coordinate warehouse, transportation and customs activities
• Organise shipment of raw materials between suppliers and factories, and of finished goods from manufacturers to our warehouse
• Regular analysis of costs of movement of goods and benchmarking against alternative providers
• Develop logistics budget in cooperation with Finance Department and negotiate costs, setting up contracts accordingly
• Ensure master data is regularly and accurately maintained to support business processes
• Develop and operate effective management processes including regular reports and meetings, as required to support the delivery of the KPIs
• Work closely with third party warehouse to ensure customer deliveries are shipped in a timely manner
• Responsible for reviewing the logistics component of all contracts in place with clients (existing and new) to ensure any agreed obligations are possible to fulfil. Advise sales and legal team and ensure timely answers are provided
• Responsible for inventory accuracy and reports to finance for monthly closing.
• Daily correspondence with warehouse to advise book ins and confirm receipted quantities
• Experience working in supply chain and logistics ideally within fashion or retail
• Education : to Degree level or above, ideally with a post graduate qualification in supply chain management
• Software: Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular an in-depth knowledge of Excel is required; experience with Zedonk would be helpful
• Strong understanding of import and export operations and customs requirements
• Demonstrable understanding of commercial and business needs.
• Results oriented, with a proven track record in delivering successful change in an operational environment
• Good team player and ability to work on own with high levels of motivation
• Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and be able to multi task
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Proactive and positive in approach
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Periodic travel to our warehouse in the Netherlands will be required
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.