Role: Category Buyer (Engineering/MRO-Maintenance, Repairs & Operations)
Location: West London
Duration: long term temporary assignment until May 2018
Daily rate: up to £278.50 paye or £360 LTD co (up to £72k equivalent)
Job posting ID: 62927
Our Major FMCG client is looking for someone from a Technical/Engineering background ideally as the role sits within Production Procurement area working with the MRO (Maintenance, Repairs & Operations) spend category.
This category encompasses a multitude of products, services and suppliers that are crucial to the company’s facilities’ day-to-day operations. It is a very exciting space with a large decentralized user base and numerous of items and transactions, the MRO spend category has a high opportunity for cost savings, improve facilities productivity and increase compliance in their supply chain. Within this role you will get exposure to wide variety of procurement tools and levers to help develop your Procurement capabilities.
Summary of key responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
• Participate in cross functional sourcing teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance through strategy development and implementation at global, regional or local level.
• Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times
• Assist in the development and management of the supply base
• Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective sources for relevant commodities.
• Participate in the development of Continuous Improvement strategy for supply base employing lean and sigma approach
• Development of Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply.
• Implementation of risk management strategies for the mitigation of risk associated with goods and services in assigned area of responsibility.
• Represent the category on relevant strategy development and supply chain planning forums
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; agree business requirements
• Resolution of second touch issues regarding supply escalated from site (s)
• Ensure regulatory compliance through the appropriate strategy creation.
• Provide best in class cost
• Sharing of best practice across category team and Production Procurement
• Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base
• Procurement experience within the Engineering Industry ideally
• MRO purchasing experience would be advantageous
• Experience of working on Multiple Projects
• SAP experience would be advantageous
• Strong experience of developing strategies and leading negotiations
• Someone who has worked with multiple sites as this role is Global/Regional
• Change management experience
• Technical / Engineering knowledge an advantage (but not essential)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Thank you for taking the time to apply to People First. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days but I’m afraid that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.