中文普通话银行业务部专员-Mandarin Speaking Banking Operations Officer - Ref: 19159
- Location: London
- Salary: Up to £28k
- Job Type: Permanent
- Languages: Chinese Mandarin
- Categories: Banking
Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf and pfteamchina
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Operations Officer
The Skills You'll Need: Mandarin and English fluent, banking operations experience
Your New Salary: Up to £28k
Location: Central London
Who You'll Be Working for: A well-established international bank
About the Job:
The role is based in the Operations Department covering the processing, confirmation and settlement of treasury, GBP clearing and treasury transactions undertaken by the Bank. The successful applicant will be required to familiarise themselves with the Bank’s in-house operational systems, its back-office processes of products such as corporate loans, payment, MM loans, trade finance foreign exchange, FX swap, IRS, bonds, Repo etc. and be aware of the associated operational risks of all transactions. The candidate will be expected to undertake new tasks (following appropriate training).
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- Take ownership of the processing of daily trades and complete each transaction accurately and efficiently in accordance with the requirements of each product and the department’s operational procedures.
- Recognise and manage the operational risks involved in each type of transaction. Resolve any differences/discrepancies and mismatches in regard to all transaction materials and their associated confirmations with the Bank’s counterparties as soon as possible. Report any outstanding issues to the appropriate person(s) in a timely manner.
- Correspondent banking/GBP clearing – process payments in an accurate and timely manner, taking the initiative to conduct investigations as and when required.
- Perform the loan administration function for syndicated and bilateral loans such as processing interest received and resetting interest periods and rates etc.
- CDD/KYC - collate the CDD documents for financial institutions and conduct screening for new customers using World-check.
- General Account Management – Populate the core banking system with new accounts and/or customer data. Process incoming third party payments and populate the core banking system with remittance data to facilitate the creation of SWIFT payment messages.
- Treasury products processing and settlement – such as (inter-bank) loan/deposit, foreign exchange / FX swap, bond settlement, Repo / reverse Repo, interest & cross-currency swaps. Follow through any mismatched trading information and take ownership of the investigation process to ensure issues or concerns are dealt with promptly.
- Trade finance products – include LC/LG advising, LC/LG issuing, adding confirmation, checking documents, risk participation, forfeiting, factoring etc. Follow international practices and our procedures to ensure the transactions are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work as part of a team – coordinate with other team/department members to manage time and workload efficiently.
- Back-office reporting – manage reports for departmental and management information requirements including recording and reporting same day payment requests and agreeing the end of day position with treasury.
- Filing – make sure records/data are filed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Take your own initiative for self-development, complete daily work on time.
- Complete other works delegated by your Line Manager
The Skills and Qualifications You'll Need to Succeed:
- Relevant experience in Payments, Settlement, Trade Finance and Treasury Operations in a bank or financial institution.
- SWIFT handling experience MT103/202 and MT300/320/541/ 543/700/707/799 preferred.
- Being familiar with UCP600, URDG and ISBP preferred.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel user.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Mandarin proficiency preferred.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics/Finance/Accounting.
Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and amended to meet the business’ requirements.
Job status: Full-time Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.